All properties are let on a “let as seen” basis and the first person to pay the deposit will be considered as the prospective tenant, subject to referencing and our terms and conditions.
Securing a property
- Application Fee
- £120 per person (£60 per additional person) – non refundable.
- Foreign Nationals
- £60 additional per person (covers costs of global referencing).
- Fast Track Fee
- £30 per person (If you require a fast move-in, we can fast-track your application and move you in within 3 working days (subject to satisfactory references).
- Holding Deposit
- Normally equivalent to one month’s rent (may be more for furnished properties).
Please note that should you change your mind for any reason your deposit is non-refundable. The deposit will secure the property for you for a maximum of 28 days from date of payment. If you do not take up the tenancy within 28 days, your deposit will be forwarded automatically to the landlord to compensate them for loss of rent. If your application is refused due to fraudulent or incorrect information supplied by you, an amount of the deposit representing the amount of time the property was not marketed will be forwarded to the landlord as compensation.
Application forms and guarantor forms must be completed and returned to us within 3 working days of reserving a property.
Any applications received after the due date will not be processed and application fees will not be refunded.
Moving in payments
- Tenancy Agreement & Deposit fee
- £70 per property (in cleared funds – cash or bankers draft).
- The first month’s rent is due on signing the tenancy agreement and must paid in cleared funds – cash or bankers draft. All subsequent rent payments must be made in advance by standing order.
- Permitted Occupier fee
- £60 per person
References and documents
All applicants must complete an application form, which can be checked by an independent referencing agency. We also need the following documents:
- Photo ID (e.g. passport or driving licence).
- Proof of residence (e.g. utility bill, driving licence or phone bill addressed to you at your current address within the last 3 months).
- Last 3 months pay slips & Last 3 months bank statements
- Proof of insurance to cover accidental damage to the Landlord’s possessions including carpets & white goods where applicable.
Guarantors: If your application is only acceptable with a guarantor there will be a further charge of £60 to cover referencing the Guarantor.
Refusal: If your application is refused your deposit will be refunded by cheque to your current address (except in case of fraudulent applications – see above).
Restrictions: Unless otherwise specified all our properties are non-smoking and pets are not allowed unless prior written permission is obtained from the Landlord.
Timescales & Moving in: The application process takes an average 5-7 days (can be quicker if needed*).
Once satisfactory references have been received and a tenancy has been agreed with the landlord, we will arrange a date for you to come into the office to sign the tenancy agreement, collect your keys and check into your new property. Possession of the property will only be granted on the date of commencement of the tenancy providing that all of the tenants and any guarantors have signed the agreement and paid all outstanding monies.
Insurance: Kelrick Properties work in partnership with Let Alliance who will provide you with a no obligation quote for tenant liability insurance upon completion of your reference application. Alternatively, you can provide Kelrick Properties with a copy of your current policy details prior to your move in.
Moving out payment
50% share of the costs and disbursements in relation to the preparation of the inventory and “check out” at the end of the tenancy, total of £90.00.
PLEASE NOTE ALL CHECK IN APPOINTMENTS WILL BE HELD AT THE OFFICE